Real Estate - Residential
We represent buyers, sellers, homeowners, landlords, tenants and landowners in all legal matters regarding real estate.
Guidance Through Every Stage of the Buying or Selling Process
Our attorneys assist clients in buying and selling primary residences, vacation homes and investment properties. They also analyze and assist in the exploration of financing options, including traditional financing, construction loans and private financing. In addition, we provide full-service title and abstracting services through our wholly owned subsidiary, Lititz Pike Abstracting Co., Inc., an agent for First American Title.
Advantages of Closing in Our Offices
Generally a lender or real estate agent will direct a buyer to a title company to perform all of the settlement services. However, a buyer has the right to hold their closing with any title company they choose. When buyers choose to hold settlement at our offices they have the distinct advantage of having an experienced attorney attend the closing, review all documents and address any questions or issues that may arise. This value-added-service is provided by our firm at no additional cost beyond the title insurance rates issued by the Pennsylvania Insurance Commission
A Practical Approach to Homeowner Issues
We provide practical approaches to solving the problems that can affect homeowners including boundary disputes, disputes with co-owners or individuals claiming an ownership interest, tax assessments, easements, covenants and eminent domain/condemnation. Our attorneys thoroughly analyze the issues impacting a client’s real estate concerns, explain the options available, recommend a course of action and successfully negotiate, settle or, when necessary, litigate these issues to protect a client’s interests.
Assistance in Lease Negotiation and Landlord-Tenant Disputes
Our attorneys assist in the negotiation, review and drafting of lease documentation to succinctly define an agreement between a landlord and a tenant, while clearly emphasizing the responsibilities and liabilities of each party. We also represent landlords and tenants when a dispute arises under a lease. And, when necessary, our attorneys represent clients in landlord-tenant hearings and in negotiations with the adverse party. Throughout the process we are firmly committed to helping our clients achieve their goals in the most efficient and practical manner possible.
Recent Updates & Recommended Articles from the Lancaster Law Blog:
- Tenant Wage Attachment, a Rarely Used Landlord Remedy
- You might not realize in Pennsylvania landlords can attach a tenant's wages directly from his or her paycheck to pay the judgment, but doing so requires planning at an early stage.
- Benefits of Preapproval by the Attorney General of Consumer Contracts
- In 1993 Pennsylvania signed into law the Plain Language Consumer Contract Act (PLA). The PLA requires any "consumer contract" to meet a test of readability, meaning it is easy to read and understand, which takes into account both the contract's language, form and design
- Falling Real Estate Values Offer Opportunity for Property Tax Savings
- One advantage of falling real estate values may be the opportunity for property owners to obtain a lower assessment which results in lower property taxes