Tax Exempt Organizations from Start to Finish Seminar, November 9, 2011
November 1, 2011
Matthew Grosh will be on the faculty for the National Business Institute’s seminar Tax Exempt Organizations from Start to Finish, on November 9, 2011 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. This seminar will cover topics such as:
- Establishing, operating and terminating tax-exempt organizations.
- Studying the various categories of 501(c)s under the internal revenue code, and learn how to properly apply for tax-exempt status.
- Making sure to include all of the key provisions in articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Recognizing the two Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for nonprofit organizations, and learn what other SOX practices may be extremely valuable to implement.
- Gaining a better understanding of the fiduciary duties and potential liabilities of the Board of Directors and officers.
- How to ensure organizational transparency on Form 990, while using it as a positive marketing opportunity.
- Avoid inadvertent paperwork mistakes that may trigger a compliance check by the IRS.
- Understand what documentation needs to be filed to authorize dissolutions of exempt organizations.
- Maintain an ethical practice by knowing how to handle multiple representation and confidentiality dilemmas.
If you are interested in attending you can register online.